Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Preston's 7th Birthday!!

 For Preston's birthday, we headed to Anti Gravity in St. George.  It is a trampoline arena.  The kids had so much fun.  We got to jump for a couple hours, then headed back home for cake and ice cream.  Most of the kids ended up taking their cake home because we were running late.

 They were running a special that day.  All the tickets were half price!  Score!!
This is the cake I made for his birthday.  The invitations we sent out had cowboys on them, not that it is his favorite or anything, just something that I had.  Alee picked out the carousal kit for her birthday (in February).  I showed Preston the back of the box.  It had a picture of cowboys and said he would like that instead of the train I was going to make.  I tried to cover the horses with fondant.  It didn't work so well.  In the picture, they were covered with something that was brown and black.  It was probably molding chocolate or something.  It was beyond my skills.  I think the cowboys turned out really cute.  I didn't like the size of cake I made, so I ended up making a bigger one.  So, I have four cakes sitting in my freezer waiting for the perfect occasion!

I can't believe my second born is 7 years old!  He really is the sweetest kids.  He is not afraid to tell his Mommy that he loves me, (the older one is).  He is really helpful with Addilyn.  He loves to get her out of bed when she wakes up.  He used to change her diaper until one time, there was a disaster.  He won't do it anymore.  He's really good at doing his schoolwork and reading.  Not so good at sitting at the rug (for instruction).  He hates that part.  His teacher has asked him to sit by one of his peers to help him with his reading and assignments.  He likes that responsibility.

  I love this kid!!

No comments: