Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dalton's 9th birthday

 Yes, he needs a haircut.  He likes his long hair.  He comes down the hall flinging his head like Justin Bieber to get his hair the way he wants it.  We tease him about it all the time.

Dalton got to celebrate his birthday at the family reunion at the Goodfellow house in Kanab, UT.  There were several other birthdays in the month on June that we decided to have one big birthday cake for all of them.  I was asked to make the cake, but I forgot to get a picture of it at the reunion.  It didn't make it there without a blemish from the car ride over.  Something slid into the cake and messed up the frosting.  At least it didn't get smashed or fall over or something like that.  It was still edible.  We blessed Dalton at a family reunion at the Goodfellow house nine years ago.  My how time flies.  I can't believe that I have a 9 year old.

Some things about Dalton:
He likes music.  He likes to listen to his music on his Mp3 player or my Ipod.  He doesn't have very many songs on his Mp3 player, so he gets tired of listening to them.  Right now, his favorite music to listen to is rock and roll.  He likes the Beastie Boys, too.

He likes to play the piano, but hates to practice.  We are taking a break for the summer.  We will get back into it in the fall.  You can't beat $3 lessons!

He likes to read.  He will pick the thickest books from the library.  He usually doesn't make it through the whole book before he has to turn it back in.  Oh well, at least he is reading.

He likes to watch tv.  He would watch it all day long if I let him. 

He won't say "I love you."  He will say "Ditto".  I don't know why he won't say it.  He used to just say "uh huh" after we said it to him, so I told him to say ditto.  He just wants hugs, too, no kisses.

Love ya, Buddy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow I can't believe he's 9! He's too cute! (Or handsome I should say.)

Jamie said...

Holy Cow Cinda! I almost didn't even know who he was!