Friday, March 11, 2011

So glad...

Can I just tell you how glad I am that February is over?  I am.  We had a lot of illnesses.  Three out of our four kids were sick.  Alee had to have two antibiotics to kill her ear infection.  Addi spent three weeks getting suctioned out a couple times a day.  She had bronchialitis (similar to RSV).  She had such a terrible cough and then she was so stuffed up she couldn't breath.  Luckily, all they had to do is put a tube down each nostril and vacuum the junk out.  The first time we did it, we were visiting my sister in Pleasant Grove.  Luckily, my bro-in-law is a Pediatrician.  He helped us get into the hospital up there.  It was only 5 minutes away from their house.  We had to leave in the middle of the night a couple times, so that was really nice that it was so close.  We came back home and had to travel 20 minutes to the hospital in St. George.  The Hurricane clinic doesn't do it and neither does the new hospital.  We did our best to use saline and the bulb syringe at home, so we didn't have to go all the way to St. George for a 5 minute procedure.  It was quite the ordeal.  We showed up once at 10pm to get her suctioned out before bed.  The nurse wasn't going to do it because we didn't have the original copy of the RX.  I gave the nurse that was on duty that morning what my doctor's office gave me.  He suctioned her out, but this night time nurse wasn't going to.  She finally did.  Thank goodness.  I was going to be mad about wasting a trip to St. George that late.  It wasn't my fault he took it.  Each time we went down here there were people waiting.  Up north we were able to get right in.  One nurse said that this season (of illnesses) has been the worst in 6 years.  I believe it.  I am looking forward to warm weather.  Bring on the spring time!!!

No comments: