Dalton's baptism was on July 3rd, 2010. We had family come from Indiana, Canada, Utah and Arizona. Good times! My brother, Clint made it early in the morning after working until midnight the night before and driving from Page, AZ. He could only stay for a little while and had to drive back to work. I was so glad he made it and in one piece. It was so fun having my whole family together. Of course we took family pictures. ( I will post them later.) My sister and her family slept in their camper in my driveway. Another sister and her husband in Alee's room, and my parents in our garage room. Clint was on the couch when he arrived. My brother Corey and his family stayed at my sister in laws house (they were out of town) and another brother stayed in a hotel. There were 4 dogs visiting, too. Talk about people and dogs everywhere!!!
I can't believe that I have an 8 year old. Where has the time gone? Dalton picked who he wanted to say prayers, give the talk, and lead and play the music and what songs to sing. A program was printed with all the information on it. I noticed that Dalton's name was misspelled. I had to change Dolton to Dalton. Not a big deal. He was so excited to be baptized. I got misty eyed a couple of times. The whole process went by very quickly. Dalton picked his Grandpa Lukens to give the talk and he did a pretty good job. He kept it short and sweet. It was a good experience and Dalton was so pleased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It sounds so nice! I wish we could have been there and not heading out of town!
Congrats to Dalton!!! The older they get the harder the mildstones get ;) I can't believe that I have 2 that are baptized and my oldest just went into YW!!! I can't wait to see the family pics.
That is so awesome! I'm so glad everyone made it safe and sound! So glad it all went well!!! Congrats! :) It's a proud moment when your child gets baptized.
It was a great baptism! I am so glad we could come and share his special day with him. Can't wait to see your family pictures!
Wow, he's getting so grown up. Good luck on your pregnancy. For sure you can use Beckham's car seat. I'll give you a call.
What a great summer you all are having! Congratulations on your pregnancy, a successful and fun girls camp and Dalton's baptism! I am so glad to hear that everything is going well for you:)
Post a Comment