Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dalton's 8th birthday!

On June, 18th Dalton turned 8 years old.  Dalton wanted to go to the lake with a friend instead of having a party this year.  He invited his friend Daken to come with us.  We had to wait until Dad came home from work, then we could go.  We grabbed a pizza on our way and ate it on the boat.  They were so excited.  We spent a couple of hours on the lake tubing, then we tried fishing.  The boys even jumped off the rocks into the water.  Usually, Dalton is scared to even get on the tube, but having his friend there made him more brave.  Alee was watching the boys tube and she wanted to get on.  She had so much fun.  We were going slow, so the boys thought they would "surf".
     When we got home, we gave Dalton his present.  I had it hidden in my sister's trailer and I thought I had locked the door, but he opened it and found it.  Mel told him it was his cousin, Jayden's ramp.  Dalton believed him.  On the way to the lake Dalton was talking about his cousin's ramp.  Boy was he excited when he found out it was his!  He was jumping up and down and yelling!  He also got knee pads and elbow pads.  We had ice cream and then took his friend home.  I didn't have the energy to make a cake.  He was ok with that.
    We gathered with Mel's family for father's day on Sunday.  We celebrated Dalton's birthday with them, too.  He got his scout shirt, and neckerchief, and the game battleship.  I can't tell you how excited he has been to start scouts.  They had their first pack meeting while I was gone for girl's camp.  Mel said Dalton woke up and put his scout uniform on first thing in the morning.  Pack meeting wasn't until that night.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love the excitement about the ramp! And the knee pads will get good use I think!! What a great birthday!