Monday, April 19, 2010

My Mom's 60th birthday!

     Last month my Mom and Step-dad were visiting Utah.  We decided to have a surprise birthday party for her because she was turning another decade older and we would all be together (except for my older sister and her husband, they were in Hawaii).  She told me of a "bucket list" of things she wanted to accomplish during the year.  We did some of the things on the list for her birthday party.  She wanted to get a pedi/manicure and facial.  So we set up a little "spa" area. We had a chocolate tasting corner.  She wanted gourmet chocolates (we did what we could with what was available).  She wanted a giant chocolate chip cookie instead of a birthday cake.  Yummo!  We had a great time celebrating.
      Yesterday was her real birthday.  She told me of the things she had done on her bucket list so far (besides what we have done for her).
*Take treats to those at work celebrating April birthdays
*Ordered pizza from Chicago
*Sent her Mom flowers (my Grandma was so touched)
*Made contact with someone about taking a hot air balloon ride
*Took the friday before her birthday off from work

That's all I can remember.  I thought it was a fun idea when she first told me about her list..  Last I heard she had 47 things on her list, she wants 60.  Way to go, Mom!  And Happy Birthday!
(I was too busy setting up that I misplaced my camera, so I didn't get any pictures of the birthday party.)  :(

1 comment:

Jennifer Pfaff said...

That is so sweet. I don't know why, but her sweet "bucket list" made me cry. :)