Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We were so excited to be on land. It was a little rough on the boat for the first two days. I wore a motion sickness patch because I was feeling a little woozie. I don't know if the patch really helped or not, I felt sick the whole time I was wearing it, but I didn't have to visit the bathroom. The side affects for the patch are horrible. It makes you drowsy, blurs your vision, and dries your throat out so bad that no amount of water helps. Mel was just fine.
When we got off the ship and onto the land, the locals just attacked us trying to get us to do their tour. It was so chaotic. A group pulled my brother-in-law to the side to talk him into their whale watching "glass bottom" boat. He was the only one that knew how to speak Spanish
, so we let him do the bartering. The rest of us just followed. We ended up going on their glass bottom boat which was just a little tiny boat. They hooked us up with a few drinks, Sprite and Coke, very surprised we didn't want anything stronger than that. We got all geared up and went on our search to find whales. We did see some, but not before a storm came in. We were rocking all over the place. Needless to say we ended up soaked with rain and salt water. Let me just tell you, salt water does not feel good in the eyes! Our "Captain" of our boat was very skilled at riding the waves to avoid getting us more soaked than we were. In the background of the picture, you can see a white boat, at the level we were at, that boat would disappear in the waves, they were so big.
This is Lover's Beach. It looked very beautiful. We didn't stop to get out of our boat. It wasn't part of our "tour". I wish I could put all my pictures on, but I can't. There was a rock island called Pelican rock, named after the Pelicans that flocked there. There was another rock called Sea lion rock, also because of the sea lions flocking there. We watched a little baby sea lion jump in right as we were passing. We also saw a few of them fighting (or playing). We actually got to see a lot of fish through our glass bottom boat.
After we were done with our tour, soaking wet, we went back to the ship to change, and eat. Then we went back on land to shop a little and to walk around the area. When we were walking around, I noticed that there were police (or military) guarding the place with machine guns. I felt a little uneasy seeing that. As the ship was being brought into Cabo, a military boat was circling around us and all of them had machine guns.
There are locals trying to sell you stuff. What's sad is when the women with their children are pushing things at you. The kids were actually pretty good at not letting you say no and walk away, they would follow you for a distance.
We had the best carne asada taco at the flea market there. We bought a few things there. Then it was time to head back to the ship.
2 comments:
I still remember all the kids selling chicklets (sp?)gum in Cabo. It is so sad. That is too bad it rained. Did you ever figure out why there was a military boat circling around you guys. That is kind of scary!
All in all it sounds like a good time! :) When we went on our cruise (honeymoon) I liked the different things they did with the towels too. :) Fun Fun Fun!!
Post a Comment