Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cruise day #2

Day #2 was spent at sea. So we had a relaxing day, we slept in, we ordered breakfast to be delivered to our room, but it never came. So then, we had to actually get out of bed and face people or else we would've starved! We head to breakfast and on our way we run into my sister and brother in law. They had been up for a while, so they were relaxing on some lounge chairs. We met up with them after we ate to hang out. The guys left to "play" golf on the simulator. Carie left to shower cause she had been in the pool. I kicked back and read my book, glancing out the window now and then. I happened to glance right at the time dolphins were swimming by. I wish I had my camera, but I didn't. I don't think the picture would have turned out that good anyway. I was so excited! There were whales spotted a little before that, but they were so far away, I couldn't see them that well.

My sister and I went to a shopping seminar. Their motto was, 'You see it, you want it, you buy it". Yea, that's the right thing to tell a lady that is getting liquored up! We went because you could win some stuff. We didn't win anything. We learned about a watch that is proven to make you feel better. Madonna bought one for Oprah. That was their selling point. This is the towel on our bed the first night. We are not quite sure what it is supposed to be.
Tonight was formal night. This is our group. Jan and Doug (sitting) (Dustin's nurse's Mom and her husband) Me and Mel. Dustin and Carie (brother in law and my sister) Melissa and Shawn (Dustin's cousin and his wife) Carie and Dustin also had 8 couples from their ward join us on the cruise.
Here we are in our formal attire. You've never seen Mel so cleaned up, I'm sure. He can be quite handsome! I'm wearing my sister Candice's prom dress. I'm glad I was able to borrow a dress, I didn't have anything "formal" and didn't want to buy something for a one time use. (Maybe that would be incentive to go again!)


You can't tell very well, but this Santa is in his formal attire, too. His suit coat is sparkly red. It was really fun to see them dress in their formal attire. I tried to take his picture without him knowing. We were pretty far away from him, though.



2 comments:

Chelsea said...

how amazing! there is nothing better than a book in the sun & what a bonus to see dolphins!! I would have killed for the sleeping in part tho!
The formal everyone looks great-- you look great in red in case no one told you !!!!
And santa... that rules. your kids are gonna freak about that one!

MaRilla said...

That looks like so much fun!