Monday, November 30, 2009

It's just a phase...right?

We have been struggling with Alee lately. The little girl only wants to wear dresses all the time. If she puts pants on, then she thinks shes a boy and throws a fit. She wants to wear her church dresses everyday, too, but I have to draw the line there. She can wear her play dresses, but most of them are sleeveless and she won't put a shirt on underneath. It's getting cold outside now, so if she wears a shirt underneath, it is not without a great struggle. She's been known to throw a fit for half an hour before deciding on a dress that I had laid out for her to pick from. This weeks favorite dress is size 18 months. It's a bit on the small side, but she won't wear anything underneath it.

She won't let me do her hair anymore, either. If I do, it has to be like Cinderella's or Belle's (which ends up being a ponytail.) Before the day is over she has taken it out. I've threatened to cut her hair so it's not in her face all the time. I just keep telling myself that it is just a phase that one day she will grow out of it. Then I will have this post to remember what we went through. I hope she will let me do her hair again soon, though.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Awwww Cinda, I hope it is a phase cause Aubree is going through one herself. She changes her clothes probably 5 times a day, and she hates to wear socks! So I hope they both grow out of it quick!!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

Jaylee had a phase where all she wanted to wear were swimsuits. I finally hid all of them. But, that doesn't work for everyone. As I always say "pick your battles". You have to lose a few "battles" to win the war!! :)Good Luck!!

MaRilla said...

I would hope it is just a phase. The phase Joey is going through now is that he always wants to wear cowboy boots, even with his shorts, but that is a little easier to deal with in the summer than wearing sleeveless dresses in the winter. Good luck. She's a cutie!

Karen said...

How funny! I'm hoping that Nathan gets over his little tantrum phase soon too!!

Thank you by the way for the cute little diaper/wipe holder you made. I'm horrible at sending out thank you notes, but I love it! My sister-in-law had one like it that she was just able to take around instead of her whole diaper bag & I loved the idea!! :)

Karen said...

OK, that last sentence didn't make any sense, but you know what I mean right?! :)