Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Favorites party/bridal shower

We had a bridal shower for my sister who is getting married on Oct. 10th. We gave her gifts, then ate some yummy salads and stuff and then we had our favorites part of the party. We were on a tight schedule because we wanted to go to the Relief Society broadcast that started at 6 p.m. I didn't know the broadcast was the same night we scheduled the party. We had to make a few adjustments, but it worked out well. We started the party at 4:30 and finished by 5:45.
Waiting for the favorites party to start.

Don't they all look so thrilled! We really did have a good time. We had to travel all over the town to find a church that had working satellite, so by the time we found one we were 10 minutes late. Good thing there are LDS chapels everywhere!
I wanted to get started on making the cakes for my sister's wedding. After a few disasters, I got them all made. I am a little worried about one of them. It broke on me when I tried to put it on the cooling rack. It's stressful when I don't really know what I am doing. I hope it works out for the best, if not, Costco, here I come!
My family is getting sick of me always wanting a family picture. (They should get used to it, I do it every year!) We went up American Fork Canyon and took pictures this weekend. It was maybe 50 degrees up there. We were so cold. I put Alee's jacket on her, but she wouldn't let me take it off for the pictures. Preston and I had flip-flops on and about froze our toes off. We got it done, hopefully there will be some good pictures.
I only have three more pillowcase dresses. Yea! I sold three this past weekend. Let me know if you are interested.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love your Halloween background! So cute!! Your family pictures also turned out way cute! We desperately need a new family picture, but I guess we'll wait til the baby is born now. :)