Our friend's funeral was today. It was a beautiful celebration of Krysti's life. Her father was the first speaker, then a flute solo by her daughter. The Bishop spoke next, then Elder Wilkinson, the area 70. Her son sang with his friends a Capella, then it proceeded to the cemetery. I learned a lot from Elder Wilkinson's talk. He spoke really fast and with a lot of energy.
Just like every funeral, it reminds me of my Dad's. He passed away when I was 14. I don't think that I have ever written about it, but I might have. My Dad was a great guy. He was willing to help whenever someone needed it. He had many talents. He was good at making things with his hands. He liked oil painting. One year for Christmas all my Aunts and Uncles got oil paintings from him. I now have one hanging in my house. Two if you count Clint's. (I'm holding on to it until he gets his own place.)
The Sunday before he died, my Mia Maids instructor felt impressed to teach about the plan of salvation. I had lessons about it before, but this time it just clicked. I understood everything about it. Little did I know that it would come into effect the very next day. I'm thankful for that teacher for following her promptings.
My Father had been disfellowshipped right before he passed away. I won't go into the reasons because I don't know them all. We had a falling away between us. I have regretted the way I acted towards him ever since he has passed away. I was young. I would do things different because of what I know now.
I feel that he needed my forgiveness before he could progress in the after life. I did that. I feel that he made things right with Heavenly Father. I know that because my Dad was in the temple when I was kneeling across the alter being sealed to my husband for time and all eternity. The veil is very thin in the temple. I know that I will see my father again someday. It will be a joyous occasion.
The autopsy couldn't determine anything wrong with Krysti's body. They don't know why she died.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cinda-
What a beautiful post! Bless your heart! I know exactly how you feel. Honestly, I do. :)
I'm so sorry Cinda. I didn't even know all this about you! I'm so glad that you were able to forgive your dad & move on in your life. I bet your dad is so proud of you!!
Post a Comment