Saturday, June 20, 2009

Girl's camp '09

I was the Camp Director this year for our ward. The theme was "The Greatest Story ever Told." Our girls picked "Fancy Nancy". Camp went from June 17th to the 20th. It has been a lot of fun putting it together. It has also been a lot of work. My camp assistant backed out on me the last minute. Luckily, the YW president was so willing to help me out. Thanks Liz!! Here are some of the girls getting "fancy", and playing games.
My honey came and camped with us the first night (wednesday). Here he is relaxing after working all morning (thursday) setting up things before he had to go home to the kids and Dalton's birthday.

Here is our lovely group of girls. This is right before our skit, so we are really fancy!!! The girl with the dark glasses is our Fancy Nancy. They wrote the skit themselves and did a fantastic job.
Friday morning, we had breakfast and headed to the cow pond to play games. (I didn't add the pictures, because it seems to overwhelm the computer.) We had a good time playing tug of war, shooting arrows and BB's, and playing other games. While we were doing that two of the leaders went to one of their family's cabins to take showers. One of them never came back. One of our leaders passed away. She happens to be my next door neighbor and good friend. Her daughter was at camp with us. I was going to go take a shower also, but at the last minute I felt that I shouldn't go. I feel that I was spared from something. I may never know what that was. We decided to pack up camp and come home, so the girls could be with their families.
It is reassuring how precious life is. Never let a moment pass you by if you have a chance to say "I love you" to someone. She was fine at breakfast and a couple hours later she was gone. She will truly be missed. I know she is in a happy place with her Mother who passed away two years ago. I don't think I will do girl's camp next year, especially if it falls on the same week. It will be Dalton's 8th birthday. I did enjoy myself, so maybe another time.

4 comments:

Mariesa M. said...

Wow what a big job! It looks like you did awesome though! That's soo sad about the leader that passed away. I can't even imagine.

Dansie Family said...

you did an awesome job! the girls really seemed to have a great time, as did us leaders. thanks for all you did. we will miss krysti, but she served the Lord well.

Karen said...

I'm still in shock after hearing about Krysti! It's just so sad. I can't even imagine how hard that was for you guys at camp. I bet you were a great camp director though. I'm sure the girls had a blast with you there!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

Cinda-
I love your camp theme and that you all picked "Fancy Nancy". I love those stories.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That is so shocking. I hope all your girls are OK.