The boys and I helped out in the Relay for Life on Friday May 8th. We would have gone as a family but Alee still had the chicken pox. She was so upset that she couldn't go. We had a good time. They want to do it again next year, but they want to spend the night. I told them that we were going to walk, not play, and if they walked the whole time, I would take them for a treat. They made it for 40 minutes walking around the track. (We were there an hour.) I let them have a break while I walked one lap, then they joined me again. They even ran around the track some. Dalton was dragging his feet because he was getting bored and tired. He would stop and climb on things, but Preston stayed with me the whole time (besides the break). I was proud of them!
Melvin went on Saturday morning to do a shift. He walked for an hour in his work shoes and his feet killed him the rest of the day. His work shoes are tennis shoes, but without a lot of support. He went and bought himself a new pair of shoes after that. What a difference!
4 comments:
we had fun doing it last year. sad we missed ith this year. what a good cause and a great way our community comes together.
How fun!
What a great cause! And what good kids you have to stay with you the whole time!!!
That is so awesome!! What great boys you have!
Post a Comment