Thursday, May 7, 2009

Camping, fishing, and the Chicken pox...

For the last two weekends the boys have gone camping. The first weekend Uncle Phil took them. They went to Enterprise to the Terry Ranch. They had a great time. On Saturday morning it snowed. I didn't pack coats for them. They had pants and sweatshirts to keep them warm. We certainly didn't expect snow. Mel and I went to a sushi party that night. I have to say sushi is not my favorite. But I can say that I tried it once. There is no need to try it again!

The next weekend they went with their dad camping. They went to Otter Creek. Our brother in law's family (guys only) go every year. Last year they invited Mel's dad to go, so this year he invited his sons to come along.
Alee and I had fun shopping. After I put her to bed, I watched a chick flick and ate Twizzlers!! My favorite! The next day, I went for a run with her, then we went to lunch. We had a good time, just the two of us.


Our little girl ended up with the chicken pox. Ugh! The first night, she was up all night, crying and itching so bad. She couldn't get comfortable. The next night she was able to sleep all night. Thank goodness! I can't handle too many night without sleep. I gave her an oatmeal bath to help with the itching, and my brother in law gave us a RX to help stop the spread of the spots. She seems to be feeling better, now. It has been 4 days now. Most of the spots have scabbed over. Can't wait for them to be gone! Neither can she!!






11 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Poor Alee, One of my only memories of being really young was of having the chicken pox!! It must have been so bad that I remember it. I hope she is feeling better!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Wow on the chicken pox. I have been lucky none of mine have had it. I guess the shots worked :) By the way I am with ya on the Sushi thing, tried it once and that is enough!!

Mariesa M. said...

Poor baby! I hope she gets over it soon! I agree with you on the sushi. The only kind I like is the California Rolls. Yum.

Emily said...

The only sushi I like are the California rolls. No raw fish for me! Poor little Alee, I hope she's feeling better soon!!

Jamie said...

Poor Girl!

jen said...

Poor Alee. I hope she gets over the chicken pox soon! They look painful. I still have a few scars from having them as a kid! I am glad the boys had fun camping and that got to have a fun girls night! Did you like Bride Wars?? I thought it was kinda cute :).

Dansie Family said...

give sushi another try. i can't believe you didn't like it, that was great sushi.

Karen said...

I'm so sorry about Alee. That's gotta be so hard. Did she already have her immunization or is she too young for that? I can't remember the age you're supposed to get it.

Did you like Bride Wars?

Karen said...

Yup, we're back. We had a blast. Nathan especially had fun. Ellis' parents bought Bride Wars & they let me borrow it. I haven't watched it yet but I'm excited. Thanks for the offer though!

Chelsea said...

How cute are your fishing pics!!! And the chicken pox, its cute though I know not the most fun! I would love good books to read! Gimmie all the recommendations you can! I do the best with fiction, they seem to hold my attention longer!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

Bless her little heart!! I'm so sorry to hear that! Hope she's all cleared up! :)