Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter

This year the Easter egg hunt was pretty sad. Usually there is so much candy, that once you fill your basket up there is still more on the ground. Alee walked away with three pieces of candy. Preston got a baggie that had suckers, jelly bracelets and hair elastics. Dalton came home with about 10 plastic eggs that had one piece of candy in it. The city puts it on, but this year they had stuffed animals and balloons that only one child would get instead of spending the money on more candy for more kids. It would have been more fair. There were some kids that left crying because they didn't get anything, not even candy. Everyone is feeling the crunch from the economy. Preston and Alee waiting for it to start.
Dalton with his goodies.

I usually don't buy candy for their Easter baskets because they get so much at the city's Easter egg hunt, but not this year. I had to make a trip to the store. They got a dollar, and a little toy, and some candy and they were happy as could be. Mel and I have decided to keep holidays and their birthday's simple. They are just as happy with a little gift as they would a high dollar gift. Plus, when they break it or don't play with it anymore, I don't feel that bad about it.
Easter Sunday was great. After church we went to my sister in laws for dinner. We had good food and good times. We talked and talked for hours.


2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah the city Egg Hunt wasn't good at all! Emma and Aubree only got one egg each.

Karen said...

I'm glad you had a good Easter. We almost went to the city's Easter egg hunt, now I'm glad we didn't!