Saturday, April 11, 2009

More chicks? Are you kidding me?

Mel told me the other day we were getting more chicks. I guess the chickens we have now only lay for a year. The year is coming up soon. We will be splitting up 32 chicks between us and the neighbor as soon as they are big enough to go to the coop. I don't know what will happen to the chickens we have now. Anybody want to come over for dinner? It'll be fresh! You can't see the chicks very well, the light is too bright. There are 32 of them!!!

For confrence weekend, Mel had a project to do. He made Alee a baby doll cradle. I think he did a pretty good job. She loves it. After he stained it, he put it in his work trailer to dry. When Alee walked outside and didn't see the cradle, she became concerned. She said, "Baby go?" I told her it had to dry. She curled her lip under. She was sad because she wanted to play with it.
She is such a cute little Mommy.


5 comments:

Dansie Family said...

talented husband. you could sell the chicken to the youth for the pioneer trek we might do. that would be fun.

Karen said...

How fun to have new little chicks on Easter!! They're so cute when they're just little like that. (Maybe not so much for you that has to take care of them though!) :)

That little crib looks SOOOO good! Mel did a good job on it! Alee does look like such a cute mommy. I love that picture how she is being so gentle to her baby. Very cute!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

That is such an awesome gift!!! He did a fantastic job!! That will be a cherished heirloom one day!! :)

jen said...

The cradle looks great! Mel did a really good job.

BTW, can I borrow an egg :)?

MaRilla said...

That is so neat. I am glad you left a message on my blog... Now I can put yours on mine. Its nice to be able to keep in touch this way then when we actually get together its not like we haven't seen each other for a year.