Friday, April 3, 2009

My latest craft project and spring break....

A group a us got together to make headbands. They are made out of cloth and tied with a ribbon. So cute and so easy to make. My boys wanted to try them on. They are pirates, though. (See Preston's pirate face? Dalton looks constipated!)
Alee would put hers on long enough to take a picture, then off it came. She has managed a whole day with one on, only taking it off a few times, but she let me put it back on. For spring break, we went to my sister's house. We had a good time with family, shopping, eating and playing. We went to my sister's friend's house to swim one day. It is the coolest private pool ever. My sister can use this pool anytime she wants. Where Dalton is is the baby area, there's a huge hot tub and jets for stationary swimming, then there are three slides made out of rock. One is in a tunnel. I guess it goes so fast you have to wear a helmet. We didn't try it because we didn't know how to turn the water on for the slides. There is a huge flat screen TV and DVD player, 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. They went all out on this pool house.


Here's Preston going down one of the slides.

The next day we went to a public pool. It was just like the Washington Community center in Washington, UT. We were there for about 20 minutes and somebody decided to poop in the pool. Lucky for us, it wasn't just poop it was diarreah, so they had to close the pool for 6 hours. I am so sick of public pools. I doubt we will go to the Hurricane pool if they have the same rules as last year. Kids 5 and under have to wear swim diapers even if they are potty trained. Dumb. I want my own pool!!!!

Soccer has ended. Yesterday was the last game. The boys actually played pretty good (yesterday). It was finally warm. This season was so cold and windy. It was really miserable. Our boys didn't even want to play most of the time. I was all prepared to not sign them up again next year, but Dalton asked if I would. I still don't know if I will.
I was helping Preston take off his soccer shirt and sweatshirt after one of his games. I'd pull one off to find another. He was wearing 4 shirts. I had to laugh. That was one of the only days he was not cold!

I know that is a lot to chew all at once, sorry. We've been busy. So has Mel! He has been working a full week the last 3 weeks! Yea! He even needed to use my brother for help.




7 comments:

Jennifer Pfaff said...

I love the head bands!! They are so cute! Are you selling them?? :) Let me know. :)

Jamie said...

The head bands turned out way cute! Sorry I missed out! Emma had the flu. She was throwing up all night yuck!

Karen said...

I'm loving that pool!! That would be so awesome! I hate the Hurricane pool rules too.

I'm glad Mel's had a lot of work lately. Hopefully it'll keep up!

Thanks for inviting me to do the headbands. I think I might wanna borrow your pattern to make some more. (My sisters wanted some but I just couldn't part with mine! :)

Jennifer Pfaff said...

Cinda,

I would love some headbands. But I will pay you! Just e-mail me at jjjpfaff@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

jen said...

The headbands are really cute! Great job.

I am so glad Mel has had a bunch of work lately! We should definitely get together some time soon!

Emily said...

I want to swim in that pool! Looks like fun!

Anne of Green Barlows said...

Cinda you really do have such fun adventures. The pool you went to was way cool and I think that I would have had to go down a couple of the slides myself. I love your headbands too-I will definitely want some should you decide to sell. We have a cute niece at our house that loves to wear them! Glad to see you are all doing so well:)