Monday, May 18, 2009

Itchy, itchy chicken pox!

We are going onto case #2 with the chicken pox. I thought I had vaccinated my boys, but come to find out they need two doses of the chicken pox vaccination. I think that if my regular family doctor carried the vaccination, I would have known that. I had to go to a different doctor just for the vac. so Dalton could go to Kindergarten. I did Preston at the same time. Alee was just a baby at the time, so, she didn't get vaccinated. Plus, the whole reason we went to this new doctor was for the vaccination and they didn't even have it. We waited in the waiting room for over an hour. I had Mel take off work so he could help me with the kids at the office. Maybe that is why I didn't go back.

Preston only has it on his front and back and a few spots on his arms and legs. Alee had them from head to toe. Every inch of her body was covered. Preston is handling it pretty well. Last night he came in our room and said he was itchy, so we made him a bed on the floor. Every now and then he would get up and turn the light on in the bathroom and look in the mirror at himself. This was in the middle of the night. I thought it was funny because he would be asleep then the next thing I knew he was turning the light on. It looks really bad. (Sorry about the crack!) I feel bad that Preston will miss his last week of preschool at Lorilee's. It's only a matter of time until Dalton gets the spots.

7 comments:

~Erica and her gang~ said...

OMGoodness well at least you will NEVER have to go through this again once everyone has had it :) Poor kiddos! I remember when I had them so long ago. Not fun I remember looking in the mirror too.

MaRilla said...

Holy cow. that is so sad. Thanks for sharing the sadness. Missed you at the sealing. Mel said you were home with alee and the chicken pox. Sorry, that is no fun.

Krista and Jeff said...

I have had kids vaccinated who still got the chicken pox...I have also had 1 or 2 that have had them twice...I don't think that there is any way to keep these away if they really want to come to your house!

Jamie said...

Oh no poor kids!

Lisa said...

I guess we won't be camping with you guys this weekend :) Will has only had his first shot I believe? So we'll keep our distance. Looks like fun though!

Merilee said...

He looks miserable! Is he getting much sympathy from his little sis? Sorry you have to go through that.

Jennifer Pfaff said...

That is so sad! Poor little guy. But, now you have me wondering if my kids got both shots... hmmm... I better check on that!! :) Take care of the kiddos.