Monday, February 16, 2009
Mel's ice fishing trip
Mel was invited to go ice fishing with a friend and a couple other guys. They got up at 6am friday morning and headed to the fishing spot. They fished all day. Together they caught 15 fish. Mel didn't catch any. He decided he would skin them all. Then they had to go to Beaver to the lodge they stayed at. They had to ski into the lodge because the snow was so deep.
He about froze his fingers off. None of the guys wanted to take any fish home. That would have been nice to know before he skinned them all!
That night Mel got so sick. Stuff coming out of both ends all night. Poor guy. He ended up sleeping on the chair by the bathroom.
This is the lodge they stayed at. A scout troop came to stay at the lodge and Mel and his company served them breakfast and lunch. Then they came home. Mel had a really good time. The boys want to go with him the next time. He brought home some fish. I made him cook it outside. I can't stand the smell of fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Mel. At least he didn't get sick until AFTER the trip. I hate the smell of fish too! That is why I never make it.
that's what he gets for going ice fishing. is that really enjoyable. fishing and bitter cold? it sounds miserable. glad he thought it was fun, though.
Looks like it was fun and cold! Thats to bad he got sick!
Very cute blog cinda. I'll be checking up every now and then and you are welcome to do the same.
Cinda- do you think you could make your car cake look like Lightning McQueen? I think that's what we'll do for Will's birthday in March
Post a Comment