Friday, January 9, 2009

Sledding at the sand dunes...

On New Years day we went to Coral Pink Sand Dunes for a day of sledding. We all had a good time, except for Alee. She didn't like walking in the snow, it was too slippery and she fell down all the time.



We loved the hats that Stephanie made us. They are really cute. Thank you for them! We couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather was so nice and actually warm! We made a lot of hot chocolate to take with us, but hardly drank any of it. I thought I would save it and warm it up again the next day, but it had gone bad. I wish I knew that before I took a sip of it! Yuck!
I didn't post about Christmas. We were traveling home from my sister's in Pleasant Grove on Christmas Eve. That night, Mel's parents spent the night. We had Christmas morning with them. That was nice to have Grandparents there with us. Then that night, we had dinner at their house with Mel's brothers and sisters. The next day we got together again and worked on a Humanitarian project. We stuffed cloth animals for kids. Service is a good way to spend the holidays! Hopefully the kids learned that we can think about others and not just ourselves. The older kids helped for a while, then they all ended up playing basketball. It was a little tricky for them to stuff them just right.

I hope you all have a fabulous New Year and the economy gets turned around soon! At least gas prices have gone down for a little while!

5 comments:

jen said...

Cute pics! It looks like you guys had a fun time. I hope your kids are all feeling better now.

Karen said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I'm glad you guys had a good holiday.

By the way, the cake was amazing! I'm really impressed!!

Stephie said...

im glad you guys enjoyed the hats! you should have made Mel wear his hat :)

Lisa said...

On our family pictures she used Photoshop elements- the same program that I use...

Anne of Green Barlows said...

How fun! I remember when I was little what a thrill it was to travel to the snow and go sledding with Mom and Dad. Now, I am back in Alee's stage where the snow is too cold and slippery and I fall down all the time:)