Monday, January 19, 2009

Feelings...

So to some this might be rediculous, but to me, its real.
The first Sunday of the month, I started getting nervous because I knew that I would have to teach in two weeks. My stomach was all in knots, and empty because it was fast Sunday. I was shaking and on the verge of tears. I couldn't believe I was feeling this way already. I wanted to talk to the Bishop and tell him that I can't do this. As the days passed I felt a little more comfortable. I studied the lesson many times. I had a plan of what I was going to do and say. I felt pretty good about it, but still very nervous that I had to do it. Two days before the lesson, I was secretly hoping to get sick so I wouldn't have to teach. (Illnesses have been going around my family.) The night before, I was really struggling. I couldn't control my feelings. I had to take it to the Lord and ask Him for help. The day of the lesson, I was calm all morning and things were going pretty well. I didn't end up sick, however. The thought kept coming to me that the Lord has things in store for me and that I have to get out of my comfort zone to see my full potential. The lesson went pretty well. I did more reading than I had planned to. I was going to paraphrase things, but I was too nervous, I didn't want to say things wrong. I thank Heavenly Father for helping me get through this and helping me overcome my scared feelings. I know that I have learned and will continue to learn through this "trial".

3 comments:

Anne of Green Barlows said...

Nice job! Teaching can be so hard sometimes...dont' be too scared, it gets way easier as time goes on. And just remember, if you start to feel intimidated-most people in the audience are really thinking that they are glad it is not them up there teaching...

Karen said...

I would be secretly hoping to get sick too if I were the one teaching! :) I bet you do such a good job though. Just hang in there, hopefully it will get easier and easier each month.

Dansie Family said...

you do such a great job. you don't seem very nervous at all. it is much easier to teach kids, though. glad it is you and not me.