Mel celebrated his 36th birthday! We had a teeny weeny party at my sister's house. We had all my brothers and sisters, my Mom and stepdad there to celebrate the big day. We invited Mel's brother who lives nearby to come, but he couldn't. We had a yummy assortment of finger foods and cupcakes for the birthday cake. Good times!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Mel's birthday and wedding cake
I was asked by my cousin Kim to make her wedding cake. I felt a little overwhelmed because I have not made one before and only took one cake decorating class. Two nights before I was supposed to make the cake, I had a bad dream. The cake all crumpled apart and I didn't have time to make a new cake. The night before, I had a good dream! Everything went well and the cake was beautiful! Here is the finished product. I had my Mom help me a little, too. She enjoyed it, she took a cake decorating class, too. The cake was a little uneven, but I was pretty happy with it. Thanks to Mariesa for letting borrow all her stuff! (I will be returning them shortly!)
Mel celebrated his 36th birthday! We had a teeny weeny party at my sister's house. We had all my brothers and sisters, my Mom and stepdad there to celebrate the big day. We invited Mel's brother who lives nearby to come, but he couldn't. We had a yummy assortment of finger foods and cupcakes for the birthday cake. Good times!
Mel celebrated his 36th birthday! We had a teeny weeny party at my sister's house. We had all my brothers and sisters, my Mom and stepdad there to celebrate the big day. We invited Mel's brother who lives nearby to come, but he couldn't. We had a yummy assortment of finger foods and cupcakes for the birthday cake. Good times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The cake turned out amazing!! Great job. I wish I could have seen it in person.
You did a good job on the cake! Happy Birthday to Mel and Happy Anniversary coming up!!!
Great job for your first time on the cake, you must have a knack for it!
happy birthday mel! adn the cake is great. you are one very talanted woman: hair things, scrapbooking, cakes, what can't you do?
Post a Comment