Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday...and Santa

I am thankful that it has been snowing this week. The kids have been having fun in it all day. It's weird that school was cancelled because of it. The neighbor kids came over to play before 9 am. Not so thankful for that!

I am thankful that my cousin is getting married this weekend. I don't have to teach RS on Sunday!

I'm also thankful that she asked me to make her wedding cake. I'm a little nervous about it, but I think it will go well. Even though I have never made a wedding cake before and only took one cake decorating class! I dreamed last night that the cake started crumbling apart. I hope that dream doesn't come true!

I am thankful for this time of year. Everyone is so loving and giving. This year we get to spend a few days with my family for Christmas as well as Mel's family. I am thankful for that.


We went with Mel's parents and sister and her family to see Santa. Alee was scared to death of him. She was ok with him when he gave her candy! Preston and Dalton both want pogo sticks for Christmas. Dalton asked for one last year. He said to me, "How come Santa didn't bring me a pogo stick last year?" Well, he's not bringing him one this year, either. We don't think he would be able to do it. So Santa is going to leave him a note explaining why he's not getting a pogo stick. Do you think that will work?






1 comment:

Karen said...

I wanna see pictures of the wedding cake. That's amazing that you can do that!!

You'll have to let me know how Dalton does with santa's letter about the pogo stick. That reminds me of something funny that happened in primary today. Ellis was telling a story about how a family wasn't getting anything for Christmas because they were poor and so this other family took one of their best toys to give to them. One kid in our class said, "Well, why didn't santa just bring them presents?" Ellis & I looked at each other like WHAT DO WE SAY TO THAT?! Ellis hurried and tried to explain it away. We aren't used to all that yet! Nathan's almost getting old enough to understand. We're gonna have to be a lot more sneaky next year!