Monday, November 3, 2008

Pumpkin carving...trick-or-treating...and hot air balloons!

We had such a good time carving our pumpkins this year. The boys drew their "plans" on paper, I drew it onto the pumpkins and Daddy carved them out. Dalton scooped out his guts. He thought that was pretty gross.
This year for trick-or-treating, we went to Page. By the time we got there, they were done. They trick-or-treat from 4 to 6. Little did we know. We stopped by families that we knew, so the kids still got some candy.


The next morning was the Hot Air Balloon Regatta. That was so much fun. I loved seeing all the balloons. We watched them set up, and take off. My favorite one was the ladybug on the flower. Alee loved all the balloons.


Then at night, they close down the main street and light up all the balloons. I'm glad we stayed for that part. We strolled up and down the street. The boys were invited to get in a basket. Dalton was a little nervous at first because he thought it was going to lift off. We had to tell him that it wasn't going anywhere. He absolutely loved it. Preston got in, too. He was nervous when the fire was going. It gives off a lot of heat. Alee didn't like it at all.


It was one of the neatest things I have seen. I hear that Albuquerque had 300 balloons lighting up at one time. That would have been awesome to see. Page only had about 20, but it was still cool.




5 comments:

Jamie said...

That balloon thing is so neat I didn't know they did that! Do they do that every year?

Dansie Family said...

sounds like a fun trip. the pictures are great.

Karen said...

Way cute! That would have been awesome to see the hot air balloons. I've always wanted to ride in one but know that I'd be too scared when it came right down to it.

jen said...

I guess we should have stayed to see the hot air balloons. They look amazing! How fun.

Anne of Green Barlows said...

Looks like you had a great time over Halloween weekend! I really love the costumes and it is good to see a Utah State shirt on someone far away:)