Sunday, November 16, 2008
Feelings...
Today was the first time I taught the Relief Society lesson. Boy was I nervous. I cannot say that I am thankful for this calling, yet. I hope that I will be able to say so soon. When the Bishop called me into his office and extended the call to me, I said "yes" right away. (I wondered if I really said that out loud.) The Bishop said that my name was tossed around for different callings. The RS president said to Bishop, "But you don't understand, we prayed about this." OK, I'll do it. Two weeks later, something someone said in their talk really struck home to me. She said, "you don't know the full potential the Lord has in store for you, until you get out of your shell." That was for me to hear, because, I was totally comfortable in my shell. Getting up in front of people is so not my thing. I'm so shy and quiet, it's not even funny. I think for the most part the lesson went alright, after I got over the emotional part from being so nervous. Anyway, I hope I will get more comfortable with this whole thing soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i was called to be a Sunday school teacher for the 15-17 year old's! It was the one calling that scared me to death so i know how you feel! Its hard but good :) Having a baby has got me out of having to do it this past month i have to go back in December, I am scared to do it again! YIKES!
I hear ya! I am also so shy!! I hate getting up in front of people. I am sure you do an awsome job! I wish I could be there I was put back in primary.
On the bright side of things- you learn a lot more as the teacher than you do as the learner. I actually loved teaching R.S. for that reason...
That would be a really hard calling I think. It's definitely out of my comfort zone! I'm sure you did a really good job though. I'm bummed that I can't be there to listen to you!
you did great. and i look forward to hearing more of your lessons.
Post a Comment