Saturday, September 20, 2008

The latest happenings...

On friday we ordered pea gravel. Mel and I spread it for a couple hours friday and then again Saturday morning. I forgot to take a before picture to compare what our yard used to look like. It was not a kid friendly yard. If you went down the slide too fast and landed on your bottom, it really hurt. The ground was hard and very rocky.
This is the after picture. It makes the play area so much nicer. It is a little more kid friendly, now. We had friends over all afternoon testing it out. I'm happy with the way it looks now.
Alee would sit in front of the chicken run and feed rocks to the chickens. She sat there for half an hour one time.
This is my latest craze!!! Hair pretties! It has been alot of fun. I found a blogspot that made all these different kids of hair pretties with ribbons, so I tried a few out. The pumpkin was really hard to make. That is why there is only one, plus I ran out of orange ribbon. I made two other korker bows (the twisty ones), and a caterpillar set, but I gave them to a friend. I've been thinking about selling them, so if you are interested, let me know.

6 comments:

Stephie said...

i LOVE the bows! very nice!

Jamie said...

Looks like we need to have another ladies night so you can show us how to make those hair bows. They are way cute! Your yard looks really good!

Lisa said...

Your yard looks great! The bows are cute- expecially the curly ones. :)

Karen said...

Your yard looks so good. One of these days we'll be able to enjoy our yard too! (Hopefully by next summer!!)

I love the bows. We really need to get together & make them...

Dansie Family said...

cute blog! didn't you hear? they will have babysitting again starting next week. limited to the first 15 kids. you must enter through the alley and crying babies will not be tolerated. pretty strict, but i guess any daycare is better than none.

Dansie Family said...

oh, and i find the time to workout because if i didn't i would be an awful mom and wife.