Monday, April 25, 2011

Good times...

 Preston wore this helmet all day.
 Alee and Whitney on the sand dunes.
 Mel and the kids.
 Scary thought!  Dalton driving!
 Waiting as patiently as they could.  They were so excited to go for a ride, they had to climb in while it was still on the trailer.
 Getting ready for their first ride.

 My brother and his girls taking a turn.

 Dalton, chilling in the hammock my brother made (with their dog, Lily).
Some of the kids crawling up the steep hill.  It was too hard to walk up.

My brother and his family came to visit for the weekend.  He brought down a couple four-wheelers and we rented a side by side.  We took off Friday morning and headed to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes.  My kids were so excited to ride in the side by side.  They thought it was so fun.  Alee kept telling Mel to go faster.  I went on a ride and got the holy living crap scared out of me!  You have to go so fast to get up the hills.  I was scared because you didn't know what was on the other side, a drop off? another four-wheeler?  I didn't like it at all.  I did drive it for a little bit (on the not so steep hills) but I had to go down a few hills.  When you get to a drop off it looks so steep, but in reality it really isn't so bad.  I was content with sitting in the sun holding my baby!  It was a little cold when the wind blew, so the sun felt really good. 

My brother in law came with us.  He brought my sister in laws four-wheeler.  He ended up rolling his four-wheeler and broke his collar bone.  Mel ended up driving him to St. George to the hospital.  He was in too much pain to drive himself.  I had to drive our Yukon hauling the side by side back home.  It was my first time ever, hauling something.  I was a bit nervous.  We decided to drive the toys over this very sandy part and then take our trucks and trailers over it to load the toys on the other side.  My brother didn't want us to get stuck with heavy trailers.  My brother drove the Yukon over the sandy part, then I took over.  I pulled it over on the side of the road, by the toys and got it stuck.  It wasn't even 5 minutes after I took over!!  I thought "Oh boy!  We are going to die with me hauling this trailer if I can't even get it out of the park!"  My brother drove his truck by and laughed.  We were able to get my Yukon out without too much fuss.  We loaded up and headed home.  Thank goodness we made it home without any problems.  Mel saw that I made it home in one piece and said that I could pull a trailer more often.  I'm afraid he's going to want me to do that again. Scary!

No comments: