Monday, March 28, 2011
Dalton's Marathon and Pinewood Derby
On March 26th, 2011, Dalton participated in the Kid's Sand Hollow Marathon. He ran at school until he had 25 miles added up and the last mile was at the finish line for the Sand Hollow Marathon. Of course it was raining that morning. We had to stand in the rain to watch. The kids had to run around the old Hurricane Elementary school three times. When he finished he said, "That was totally worth it!" He was given a medal, a ribbon, a free movie pass, chocolate milk and fruit snacks. He said that he needs to start jogging in the morning with me. Guess I should start!!!
That evening was the pinewood derby. Earlier in the week he went to Uncle Mike's because he had some pointers to make the cars go faster. It sure did work! Dalton won every race! He was given the first place trophy. He couldn't have been more happy. He gets a golden ticket to race in the derby with all of St. George in a couple of weeks. Woo Hoo!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally forgot the elementary school kids got to do the finish of the marathon, so cute:) Sad I missed it, but I still had, oh, maybe 10 miles till I finished. Dang that rain. Congrats to Dalton!
Post a Comment