Thursday, January 28, 2010

Preston's 5th birthday!

On January 20th, Preston turned 5 years old. He was able to have his first friend's party. He invited a few friends from school and church and his cousins. He wanted to have his party at the park, but it had been raining all week. He still had fun. They are waiting to start the game. They had to walk across the room with the balloon between their legs. Kinda tricky! They had a lot of fun with the balloons after the game.

Preston wanted to have a monster cake. So I found a picture online and copied the idea.
He wanted to go to Red Robin for his birthday dinner. The waiters/waitresses sang to him and brought him balloons. He wouldn't even smile at them. He was a little embarassed. He was excited when they brought him an ice cream sundae. We all shared. Dalton wants to go there for his birthday.



These are the monster cupcakes I made for his preschool class. The green ones are my favorites, they turned out pretty cute. I don't know what I was thinking when i made the baby mustard poop color for the other ones. The picture doesn't really show the color that well, but that's what it looked like. I mixed the left over frosting all together and used that on his big monster cake.
Preston is doing a lot better at going to preschool, now. I have a feeling he will have a hard time going to kindergarten next year, at least at the beginning. I hope he gets a good teacher.
Now, I am all caught up on my blogging. I have to so I can blog about our cruise we are going on in a couple of days. So excited! Tune in in a couple of weeks!!!


5 comments:

Dansie Family said...

you make the cutest cakes. we took porter to red robin on his birthday too. he loved it.

The Johnson Family said...

I'm excited for you guys to have a nice break on your cruise! I hope you all have a great time. Oh and tell Preston happy birthday from all of us!

Chelsea said...

YOU GO MOM! I adore the cute cupcakes! The party looks aweseome! Love it! Again, GREAT JOB!

credit where it is due, and the credit goes to you!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

So cute!!! You are such a good Mommy!!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

LOVE the monster cake and cupcakes you are very talented, Cinda