I have been sewing like crazy lately. I made Alee two pillowcase dresses. I thought they were very cute, but she doesn't like them. The brown one I made first (scroll down to see it). I bribed her with a piece of gum, so she put it on and wore it the whole day. The yellow and pink one she wouldn't even try it on. Not even for gum! I even made a matching dress for her doll. She still wouldn't put it on. I was making earrings and I told her I would put them on her if she would put the dress on long enough to take a picture. She did, so there is the picture. I hope she will wear them again because they are so stinkin' cute.

With the extra material, I made a diaper pouch for my purse. She is almost out of the diaper stage, but not quite. I have more material left so I think I will make a skirt out of old jeans for her. I have also made my sister in laws diaper pouches, too.

The boys made stilts. We used cans and painted them and ran string through them. They had so much fun (the first day!) The strings kept fraying, so we need to use something else.

I thought this material was so cute together. I bought it as a kit for less than $10 and made so many things out of the material. Love it!

This is my older sister getting high lights for the first time ever!!!! We had a hair dying party and four of us put high lights in. Thanks Ellen!

My sister, Candice bought a "bumpit". We had fun trying it out, but it didn't work all that well, so she is taking it back. We also made headbands (she is wearing one to show off her bumpit.)
We have been having a fun summer. This last week we had a free week's pass to the Washington Community Center. We have been going swimming almost everyday. I tried out the Zumba class and just loved it. I want to go again. Mel has been slow again, but things keep coming up as far as work goes.
I taught my last Relief Society lesson on Sunday. I am so relieved. My new calling is the Secretary in Y W. I am so excited. Some of the girls told me they were happy that I was in YW with them. One said she just knew I was going to be called. How sweet are they? I hope I can help with what they need.
I made the neighbors a scrapbook from camp. It came today, so I delivered it to them today. Bryan got teary eyed. It meant a lot to him to have that. Thanks for sharing your photos, so I could have made it possible.
10 comments:
Very cute dresses. She is so cute! Hopefully she'll wear them again for you.
the dresses are way cute! tell me how you made them!
i bought the bumpits and love them! cant really do them without putting them in a ponytail but i still love them
I LOVE those dresses, I would wear one!! I hope everyone liked the way there hair turned out, Dustin didn't like Carrie's. Sad huh.
i'm glad you are in yw! i know the girls love you. i want to see the scrapbook. and teh dresses are cute.
Cinda- I love the dresses!!! You are so talented!! They are darling! What is a Zumba class??
Cute dresses!
The dresses are adorable!! Great job.
I have wondered if the bump-its were any good. Maybe someday I will try one out.
Those dresses are so cute! I hope she'll wear them for you again. She looks DARLING in them!
Congrats on no more RS lessons & getting a calling in the YW! I know you said that was your favorite calling, so I'm so happy for you!
What fun projects you do! I think that we should all wear some pillow case dresses-they are cute and look very comfy!
OK!! I love the dresses you made!!! I LOVE THEM! want to make Colette some?!?! Seriously adorable!!!
Post a Comment