Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Hurricane High put on Joseph. We went for family night on Monday night. The kids really enjoyed it. That was the first play that they have been to. I didn't know if they would like it or not. Dalton said some pretty funny things. There was a sign that said, "Peach Days", but in between the words it looked like an "o". I thought it said "Peach o days" but it was a picture of a peach not colored in all the way. He said, "That says peach days, because the "o" is silent." It made the people around us laugh because he doesn't know how to whisper. Later on in the play, the narrator comes out with an In and Out hat and to - go bag. He said, "how did she get to in and out?" He was so confused. It was cute. For the most part the students did pretty well. The narrator was Mckenzie Drawe. She is the daughter of the oldest Larson girl from Page, Amy is her name, I think. She did really well. I liked the Page version better when Steph and Eric were in it. You guys did a much better job. That was the first night I met Mel, by the way. I can't believe that it has been 8 years. Wow has time gone by!

I just have to explain something. This year for Thanksgiving, we didn't have any plans for the longest time. It was the in-laws turn (which means my family's turn to have us for Thanksgiving) all my brothers and sisters were going to their in-laws this year, so we made a plan to go camping with my brother. I thought we would have our own Thanksgiving since everyone else was busy. We did get some invites from my cousins, by then we had already made our plan. Then the weather turned out to be stormy, so the camping was cancelled. I found out today, that we had a few more invites from Mel's family. He didn't tell me, because we had a plan. If I would have know I would have been ok to not go camping. So I hope that I have not offened anybody by wanting to do our own thing. I love our family. You guys have been there when we needed you and I hope you feel like you can call on us if you need us. I am so thankful for you. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

we love you too Cinda and know you love to spend time with our family- it is good to do things with your own little family as well... :) hope you had a good Thanksgiving and that you got your tree up all right!

Karen said...

I saw that they were doing that play. Is it still going on? I wanted to go see it. Dalton is hilarious. We love having him in our class!