Since my last post, I have achieved my goal! I completed all the requirements for Personal Progress and I was given the necklace last Sunday:)! The Bishop called my whole family up. Mel was asked to put the necklace on me. It took him forever! We were probably up there for three minutes. My face started getting hotter and hotter! I made it just in time, because that night, the ward boundaries were changed. We are now in the 8th ward. I thought that I wouldn't be in YW anymore, so I had to hurry and finish. I was so excited. I was glad to be able to have the chance to work with the YW. They are such neat girls. I have become friends with the leaders I worked with also. I loved my calling as YW secretary. I hope I get called to it again sometime.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Shocked in Zion
Last weekend we took our bikes up to Zion. It was awesome. We were in the shade on the way up, so it wasn't so hot. We were able to see Zion at our own pace. It was really fun and a good work out. We had Dalton riding his own bike. It got a little too steep for him, so he ended up walking his bike. We decided to ditch his bike and put him on the trail-a-bike and put Preston is the bike trailer. Things started going alot faster then.
Mel and Dalton
Taking a rest
Me
We stopped at the Zion's Lodge and had a snack. The boys spotted a gopher hole and watched it push the dirt away. Mel would push it back in and the gopher would push it back out. It was fun to watch the dirt move. (that sounds like as much fun as watching grass grow!)
Daddy and Alee
Since my last post, I have achieved my goal! I completed all the requirements for Personal Progress and I was given the necklace last Sunday:)! The Bishop called my whole family up. Mel was asked to put the necklace on me. It took him forever! We were probably up there for three minutes. My face started getting hotter and hotter! I made it just in time, because that night, the ward boundaries were changed. We are now in the 8th ward. I thought that I wouldn't be in YW anymore, so I had to hurry and finish. I was so excited. I was glad to be able to have the chance to work with the YW. They are such neat girls. I have become friends with the leaders I worked with also. I loved my calling as YW secretary. I hope I get called to it again sometime.
Since my last post, I have achieved my goal! I completed all the requirements for Personal Progress and I was given the necklace last Sunday:)! The Bishop called my whole family up. Mel was asked to put the necklace on me. It took him forever! We were probably up there for three minutes. My face started getting hotter and hotter! I made it just in time, because that night, the ward boundaries were changed. We are now in the 8th ward. I thought that I wouldn't be in YW anymore, so I had to hurry and finish. I was so excited. I was glad to be able to have the chance to work with the YW. They are such neat girls. I have become friends with the leaders I worked with also. I loved my calling as YW secretary. I hope I get called to it again sometime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow you guys got a good work out! It looks like alot of fun! Hey Congrats on the earning your YM thing that is awsome!
maybe we'll have to borrow your bikes sometime- that sounds like a lot of fun!! I remember doing that just after highschool and loved it. However, it is the hunting season so we can't do it this month, then it will be getting cold... so... it's a nice thought.
congrats on the yw award! and great job on the bike ride. we haven't done it since james was born. i know porter wouldn't make it and we don't have a trail-a-bike. but we do love that ride.
You guys are always doing the funnest things with your kids. That would be a blast to ride bikes up there!
That's so awesome that you got your YW medallion just in time. You set such a good example for all those young women.
Candi gave me the costume and bottles. Thanks, I really needed more bottles. I think the costume will still be too big for Jake, hes still a tiny boy. Are you guys just coming up for fun? We don't have much room but your welcome to stay with us if you need to.
Congrats on the YW award. That is a big accomplishment. Have you gotten a new calling yet?
Post a Comment