Sunday, May 18, 2008





It's starting to get hot! I'm not quite ready for it. We got out or water slide this week. The water was pretty cold. After only a few minutes the kids were shivering, but they didn't stop. We went out on the lake yesterday. It was so crowded. The kids had fun playing on the beach. Alee was not so sure of this experience. She was pretty nervous to be on the boat. The life jacket didn't help her feel comfortable, either. After a while, she played in the sand and did pretty good on the return trip to the dock.


Dalton had his end of the year assessment this week. His teacher asked him to match the ends of words with a picture. She asked him what "nine" ends in. He said "e". She got a kick out of that, because she was going for the "n" sound. When Mel and I were talking about going to the lake, we spelt the word beach out. Dalton blurts out "beach". I didn't know he would get it! We'll have to come up with a new code!

1 comment:

jen said...

It sounds like you had a fun weekend! I am jealous. Dalton is one smart kid!! Brianne is taking awhile to catch on to the whole reading and spelling thing. Hopefully, we will make some progress this summer!