Friday, November 2, 2012

Working in the addition

 Measuring...
 Marking... Addi was an excellent helper.  She loved to help mark the measurements.  She would also entertain us with her awesome dance moves!
Hanging the drywall.

Mel and I hung a lot of drywall.  Mostly Mel.  I had to put screws in now and then and help hold it up.  I didn't think I was all that much help but he assures me that I was.

It's pretty exciting to actually see the room coming together.  We only started this addition 3 years ago.  We now have all the walls painted, some lights up and working, the bathtub where its supposed to be, and the vanities getting built.  We had a guy come and measure for a bid for tile in the shower, we haven't heard back from him.  We need to get the floor in, closet done, and plumbing done, then we can move into our new bedroom!!  We are going to make a hallway to our new room.  We decided to keep our current bedroom as an office, so I will be able to park in the garage again.  There's still a lot to do, but maybe, it will be done by Christmas!

No comments: