Friday, November 2, 2012

Utah Runner girls!

 It was cold waiting for the start of the race.  There was a 1/2 marathon (Candice participated in), a 5k that Carie, Gina and I did, and a princess mile that Whitney, Kelsey, Kaylie, and Alee did.
 At the end.  Candice joined us when she was finished.  Her time for the 1/2 was 2hrs 13 minutes.  She missed her goal by 1 minute.  If she didn't have to stop to go to the bathroom, she would have come in before her goal time.  Way to go Candice!!
 I came in at 38 minutes.  The race was not well marked and we ended up running 3.38 miles. 
 Carie coming in.  I think she came in at 42 minutes.
The girls with their treats and tiaras!  They did it!  I was happy Alee ran.  She really wanted to do this race with her cousins.

The shirts were super cute.  We were handed necklaces by firefighters at the end of the race!  We were given chocolate ate mile 1. We received cute swag bags with sparkly headbands in them.  I might do this race again next year.

Then we headed to Kneaders for breakfast!  Yummy!  So did several other racers.

No comments: