Friday, November 2, 2012

Spooktacular fun run

Dalton really wanted to do the 5k this year.  He hasn't run for probably a year.  I signed him up anyway, then switched him to the Monster mile when we got there.  He had his Heelys on, so he totally cheated, it was only a fun run.  I'm proud of him for getting out there and doing something. Candice and I did the 5k.  She did awesome and came in at 27 minutes!  I, on the other hand, have not been running very consistently and came in at 38 minutes.  This little girl was following me, she was probably 9, she ended up beating me.  Her dad came at the end and paced her in.  They thanked me for being her landmark because she followed me the whole time up until that point.  Oh well.  It was quite cold waiting for the start.  My toes were quite numb for the first two miles.  I have to figure out my breathing when I run. It seems like my nose quits working and I have to breath through my mouth.  Anyway, I'm glad to know that I didn't come in last!

No comments: