Monday, May 9, 2011

Dalton's piano recital

 Dalton has been taking piano from a 12 year old girl in our ward.  She is super talented and started teaching this past summer.  She only charges $3 a lesson, so we jumped on the chance.  Dalton has a talent for piano (he might not think so).  Of course he throws a fit whenever he is asked to practice.  He's supposed to practice before school in the mornings because he gets up pretty early.  There was one morning he got up at 6:30 and started practicing.  We had to put a stop to that one because everybody else was asleep!  I hope he keeps playing the piano to develop his talent even more.  He likes music and is always listening to his Mp3 player. 


He was supposed to bow, but didn't want to.

He really wants to take hip hop dance lessons.  Maybe one day, I'll look into getting lessons for him.  He likes to come up with new moves and shows them off to us.

2 comments:

Jennifer Pfaff said...

That is so awesome!!! I wish I could talk my boys into taking piano! You are an amazing Mom!!

jen said...

Piano is such a great thing for kids to learn! My kids take from a super talented neighbor girl. She is 16. I thought we were getting a bargain at just $5 a lesson. You got an even better deal. That is great that Dalton does so well with it.

They have hip hop classes here in town. I have quite a few friends who take their kids to it and love it. Not sure if you want to drive that far but it is an option!

P.S. I love the new family pics. You guys look great!