Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm back from Pheonix. I left Mel with the kids for the weekend. That was the first time I left Mel and the kids for more than one night. I survived and so did they. It was fun to be with my sisters and brothers and parents for a few days. We went rafting on Saturday. That was a lot of fun. That was my first time rafting, too. My return trip home wasn't so fun. I landed in Vegas at 8:30 p. m. I was supposed to take the shuttle home that night. I was on stand-by. I didn't realize I was on stand-by when I made the reservation two months ago. The shuttle was full and there would not be another one until the morning. I couldn't call the company to reserve a spot for the morning because it was closed. I tried to rent a car to drive home, but no one did one way rentals. I also couldn't find where to rent cars. It is in a separate building you have to take a shuttle to. Aghhhhhh! By this time I was freaking out! I asked one of the hotel shuttles if their hotel had a room I could stay in for the night. They didn't. Mel was able to find a hotel on line for me. I had to wait in line to get a taxi to the hotel. By the time I got to the hotel it was 1 a.m. I was able to get on a shuttle the next morning and make it home 12 hours later than I was supposed to. Not in a hurry to ride the shuttle any time soon!!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow sounds like you had an adventure!! Jamie

jen said...

I can't believe you had such a horrible return home. Stand-by for the shuttle?? That is crazy. It sounds like you had a fun time, otherwise! I am jealous that you got to get away from the kids for a few days. I think we all need a weekend like that, now and then.

And yes, I was very surprised when I saw Trevor. I was warned, though!