We had a couple of exciting things happen this week. Mel borrowed a tractor and started digging our footings for our addition. The only thing is, the addition probably won't get finished for a couple of years :(. We will do it as extra money comes our way. Mel will do most of the work himself. I'd like to say that I will help, but I don't know how much help I will actually be. I'm willing, though. I will post pictures at another time.
Another exciting thing, for me, is that I started a cake decorating class. It is one of my hobbies and I wanted to pursue it a little more. I play around with it already. I just wanted to learn more techniques. I'm excited to learn how to make flowers!! One year I will make Alee a doll cake. The dress is the cake part and you stick a plastic doll torso with head into it. It should be fun. I remember one story about my dad when he was growing up. Grandma Johnson was pretty good at decorating cakes. For my dad's birthday, he asked her to make a carousal cake. He liked it so much he wouldn't let anyone eat it. He had to finally throw it away a week later.
School is almost out! I can't believe it! Dalton has really enjoyed going to school. He has learned so much. He has made a lot of friends, too. I thought he would be shy at school, but he's really not. He likes to talk to whoever he sees.
Preston is a good worker. He likes to be right in the middle of whatever project dad is working on. It's good of Mel to have the patience he does with Preston. He likes to haul off Mel's tools all the time.
Alee is still trying to walk. The other night Mel was home with the kids. He went outside to put things away, when he came back Alee was walking all over the living room. When she saw him, she stopped. So we decided she is a closet walker. She practices when we are not looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Cinda.. Cameron and I enjoyed reading about your guy's latest and greatest! I'm envious that your taking a cake decorating class, I would love that! I'm excited to see you in a few weeks!
Are you doing the Wilton classes at Roberts? I did all three, it was fun, and have done a few wedding cakes. If you ever need to borrow a pan, let me know, I have every shape and size there is. Be careful, it's addicting!
Post a Comment